LETTER TO MY FUTURE WIFE


Dear Future Wife,

Deep in the night’s hallowed chambers I wandered still why you tarry, Oh future wife!
The path to your base is crooked, never laid on concrete
The hunting expedition unending, but tireless I am in pursuit of the one with the waterpot, whose Cistern is for the thirsty sheeps and nations in need of water. Alas! You hide in the midst of the crowd, at the market place you were last seen, negotiating and paying for luggages you would yet bring.

Never mind future wife! I need not get a truck load for us before you come
I have a few luggages already if you don’t mind, the market has been tough here too
Yours will only be an addition to what shall yet exceed
Don’t worry dear future wife, I’ll find my way against the tide and race to the mountain top with the flag of a champion
I’ll fight and with God on my side, I’ll win

Please come out of the market and let’s go home
You are made of more, of gold and raw ornaments for glamour
With the linen of Grace you’re clothed for the hay day
Don’t wait till evening when the shops are closed and there’s nothing else to buy
Come now, Oh future wife.

You need not be thoroughly washed my beloved, for I am as filthy as you are
The Streams occasionally to the rescue and the garment of the Son of Man to cover, that should do
I don’t care if on Instagram you once slayed, with selfies gone viral
Your past may have been soiled in wretchedness and the pot may have been broken

Never you worry my wife-to-be, for I reckon we were all broken pots, mended by the stealthy hands of the Creator, fixed, branded, packaged, refined, polished to become the choicest of all vessels.
You are good just the way you are.

Dear future wife and the mother of my unborn children
I plead with you to come in peace, I want to be happy.
I want to sleep with my two eyes closed with you by my side
        


The sledge hammer of life had hit me hard, kindly come with a towel for the massage, your hands are made for healing and to rub off pains.
I got the balm for your wounds too, it works faster to set you in motion for the race
I want to be able to go on a journey where I’ll feel like going back home as soon as I arrive
Home Sweet Home, where your warm embrace makes me a child again

My beloved future wife, I do not promise perfection in our home, but reconciliation
Remember, this isn’t Nollywood. I wouldn’t fake it for you to believe it.
I do not expect you either to have bought all from the market place
We cannot all buy everything in the market place of life, even when all is needful and desirable
Let’s make the best use of what we have

What are you waiting for future wife? Come now, for the future is here. The clouds are gathering and the feet of men is heard on the trees. #rapidperformance

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SELF IDENTITY THROUGH THE POP CULTURE

The Impact of Stress and Anxiety on a Woman's Libido: Tips for Men to Help Their Partners Relax

Types of Crowdfunding That Works For You